Friday, January 14, 2005

Greens make me red

The education office has been for the last 2 days locked in a battle with local green party. In order to build a new building, certain already deseased trees have got to me moved (they must be replaced according to planning law). After 3 years and 3 seperate independant tests, the greens are still kicking up a fuss. Idiots.

They have no sense of perspective, no understanding of the longer term aims of the school, no idea that the education office doesn't want to be sued for negligence should a deseased tree fall and hurt someone.

I used to think the green party was progressive: in fact it's clear from local actions they are the most conservitive, anti-change group of people in politics right now. I can't believe I supported them with a vote for the European Elections. I will never again.

Trying to work for a better environment is fine; but heated council chamber meetings when good officers are yelled at, knived against and lied too is too far to save 2 dying trees.

Grow up, greens. You make people go red.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fluffy said...

I might just be kicking upa fuss because that's what their rags do to us :)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Fluffy said...

I know I know :)

But even so, L, dead trees where we want to put up a building... :)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

I think I made the same point as James independently here, well well well... local activists are always petty, I don't really think you can compare them to MEPs, any more than some Labour activists in any given area that you don't like can be compared with Tony Blair.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Fluffy said...

I can see your points, but you'd still think less of a party if it's local gang acted like idiots and yelled at your co workers! :p

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home