Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I don't call random people

But random people call me.

The dog story eventually was figured out: the dog had changed colour because a different type of tree was giving a different type of leaves for dog to roll around in.

Today I wrote a guide to explain to dippy secretaries what email is, I printed off some grainy images.

But the real point of this conversation is to publically dig at Sarah's comment.

Darling, HTML is a form of mark up, so your comment really doesn't make sense. I don't read user guides so it was trial and improvement. As an internet user you really should try to be more aware what various letters mean. HTML = Hyper Text Mark-up Language. Darling.

Anyway, I'm going ot make some size 165 boots and a bean stalk, and go ring shopping tomorrow. Until next time...

8 Comments:

Blogger James said...

You are right, young one, that HTML is a mark-up language. That is not, however, an excuse for using BBCode (or something syntactically similar) in your previous blog post. And then not fixing it when it's pointed out!

Happy New Year all the same :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger postliberal said...

I can't help thinking you're both making this more complicated and confusing than it needs to be. When you write entries, there's a couple of little buttons at the top of the form which you can press to make text italic ect. I suppose it takes a total Novice to point this out ;)

5:34 PM  
Blogger James said...

Us? Over complicate things? Never.

That'd be like suggesting my blog entries occasionally slip past the 500 word mark ;)

7:17 AM  
Blogger postliberal said...

hehe yeah but they're almost alsways highly stimulating and informative. I say almost, because there are times when you stray into the world of techno and computing - which are hardly my forte as you know!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

I think the important issue is not your computer science pedantry, but the fact that Sarah has never made a total cock-up of italicising in her posts. At the risk of overkill.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

you should still check and make sure that your post doesn't look messy tho. at least try your best. I mean, if you were rubbish with computers, it would be understandable, but you are more than competent, or so i thought.

but anyway, i am rather chuffed i annoyed you so much you had to blog about me *smug grin*

12:39 PM  
Blogger Fluffy said...

Shush, child.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

"your mum".

nevertheless, i think laurence's point about the big 'I' in the corner is very valid. If you really want to feel technical, there's always Ctrl+I.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home